Skip to main content
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina

Old Reformer Cannon

cannon outside the anderson county museum

This is one of the oldest artifacts in the Upstate. It was moved to the Anderson County Museum in June, 2010. The 1760s artillery arrived in Anderson in 1814 after being transported from Charleston to protect settlers during the War of 1812. The cannon is referred to as a six pounder, but it actually weights six hundred and forty three pounds.